Hello everyone! Yes, once again we are learning from home, at least for a while. While we have no idea to how long the virus will keep us out of school this time, rest assured we can still deliver you lessons online to keep your school year running. Assignments will be posted on Google classroom and each day we will be offering online live lessons via our PCs using Google meet. We are doing everything possible to continue your education. If we all work together, I'm sure we can weather this storm successfully. Good luck to all!
Hello everyone and Happy Halloween! A quick update to let parents and guardians know that students are adapting well to the new Covid restrictions at LSK. Although attendance is suffering a bit since this time last year, students may access their assignments via their Google Classroom. All assignments and classroom related materials are posted there as they are covered in class. Keep in mind that if you miss class, you are responsible for checking your Google Classroom to see what you have missed. Keep up the good work.
Hello students and guardians! It is so nice to finally have you back. Even though this school year will be much different from any we have experienced before I think we have begun the semester on the right foot. Students seem happy to be back and ready to work. While in the classroom we will be doing most of our work using Google Classroom. This is to ensure that if school is shut again in the future, all students will have the knowledge and understanding of how to use Google Classroom to get their assignments completed and also continue with their learning. While I am still learning how to use Google Classroom, I believe it is an excellent way to teach from a safe atmosphere for both students nad teachers should the need arise. Best of luck to everyone this semester.
Hello students and parents. Well what can we say? It has been a very difficult and strange school year. As we approach the end of the school year I hope you are all safe and well. Students wishing to increase their final marks still have the opportunity to do so by completing any online work that they have yet to finish. Many students have done well with this but if you have done little yet, there is still time. We have next week for any students still working on assignments and I encourage everyone to get as much done as possible. Best of luck over the summer and let's hope we can have a more normal school year next year! Take care.
Hello everyone! I hope everyone is staying safe and well is these crazy times. We have been put to the test this school semester with everything that has been happening but I know we will weather the storm and see brighter days. To all my students please know that I am here for you. To all those who have been doing their best keeping up to date with the online posted assignments, congratulations and keep it up. For those who have yet to begin, please give it a try. It is important to stay connected in these times. If you have any questions about any of the assignments, please feel free to contact me any time. I want you all to know that I am here to help. For all of us touched by the recent violence in our province, please take comfort in knowing that you have family and friends that truly care about you. Confide in them. Please stay safe and well everyone.
Math 11 Essentials
- Determining the cost of using credit. (This is in progress. More practice to follow)
- Understanding various savings and investment alternatives such as GICs, Pension Plans etc.
- Understanding the rights and responsibilities of landlords and tenants.
- Calculating the costs associated with renting an apartment or buying a home.
- Using perimeter and area to solve real world problems.
- Understanding and applying the Pythagorean Theorum.
- Understanding how to read a map and the costs associated with talking a trip.
Math at Work 11● Students will be expected to solve problems that involve SI and imperial units in volume.
● Students will be expected to solve problems that require formulas related to volume.
● Students will be expected to solve problems that involve creating and interpreting graphs, including bar graphs, histograms, line graphs, and circle graphs.
● Students will be expected to solve problems that involve personal budgets.
● Students will be expected to demonstrate an understanding of compound interest
● Students will be expected to demonstrate an understanding of credit options, including credit cards and loans.
It is hard to believe that another semester at L.S.K. is quickly drawing to a close. For the majority of students it has been a successful semester. With the end of the semester approaching students in Grade 12 Math Essentials, Grade 10 Math Essentials and Grade 12 Global Geography are finishing up their final course work before exams begin. Next week review is planned for each of these 3 courses to remind students of the work they have covered and to go over any information or concepts they have not fully grasped. Best of luck to all students during exams and in the next semester ahead.